Thursday, October 1, 2009

bad timing?

So I have discovered lately that I really, really, really want to knit big, happy, luxurious, knitterly projects. I don't want to touch any little cute toys of any kind. I want shawls, socks, sweaters, tams, scarves, etc. all the nice warm winterly stuff. Unfortunately, I still have to finish Nick's birthday present (his birthday was Tuesday), and then three more Tuppys by next week. Good god. I want to recast on the messed up toe for my hearts socks and complete my first pair of socks. I can justify casting on more socks before I finish my sweaters (yes, multiple are incomplete and on the needles) because they are portable class/bus knitting.

I think the worst part is is that all I want to do is cast on this sweet shawl (ravlink) that I saw the YarnHarlot knit a while ago. I want to make it in the same yarn because I think it looks lovely, just a different color. It's not the yarn that the pattern calls for, which was sort of one of my unofficial knitting resolutions, but that yarn is a crepe and my mind curls up in a ball in fear of such yarns. Blech. They do nothing for me.

So the other bit of news I have is that we got a kitten. :) My landlord found it outside in a bush in the rain, but he didn't want to keep it, so we're taking him. Or her. It's only about 2 weeks old so I really have no idea if it's male or female. For now, it's a cute grey kitty that I have to bottle-feed that has a strange attachment to my feet. :) Pictures later, when I can get it to sit still.

No comments:

Post a Comment