Friday, March 20, 2009

new project planning

I am terribly excited. About a couple things. First, I'm going to see Kyle next month! This is exciting for a few reasons. 1] I get to see Kyle. Yay! 2] I get a whole week off work. OMFG YAY. You don't even know. ._.

The other thing I'm excited about (and which I've been researching at length, while I'm supposed to be working o_O) is the new sweater I plan on making. I have to finish Serenity first, as well as Mel's gloves/mittens (which are almost past the point of being useful, as it's steadily getting warmer outside) before I'm allowed to cast on this new sweater. It's called Global Warming, and I think it's supposed to be a pun because the recommended yarn is a wool, but the sweater is short-sleeved. I've decided it will be a much nicer summer sweater, as I'm not really into the whole layering short sleeves over long sleeves thing. Well, I was when I was 13, but not anymore. ^_^"

I'm going to be using Plymouth Royal Bamboo yarn (which is a worsted bamboo yarn) in colorway 02, a nice summery yellow. Not like, sunshine yellow, but not quite pastel either. I am sort of in love with it. >_>" I also got it on sale for $3.99 a ball, which makes me super happy. A whole sweater for $31! I have this terrible fear of running out of yarn, but I bought 8 skeins (which is more than 700 yds) so I think I'll be ok. This is a snug-ish sweater with tiny puffed sleeves and I'm doing a different neck. It'll be ok... I hope. o_O

The exciting thing about this sweater is that there's a lot of planning I have to do for it. I actually have to knit a gauge square and like, do math and things. It's going to be super customized. I plan on making my sweater a lot longer than the pattern suggests, as I like my tops to sit at my hips, or thereabouts. Also, I'm omitting the pocket. I want it to be a 'pretty' sweater, rather than a 'cute' sweater. Plus adding fabric to my stomach area is usually not kind to my attempts at not looking fat. >_< Also, I think I'm going to add some bust darts to maximize shapeliness. Aaaand I'm putting in a scoop neck, because high necked anything just doesn't really flatter.

So here's to a (hopefully) pretty yellow puff-sleeved, scoop-necked bamboo summer sweater! Hip hip, huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment